URGH I WISH SOMEONE COULD JUST BUILD MY FUNNEL FOR ME ?
Ever felt like this? ??
Yep, me too.
From not knowing what to put on the page, to what tech to use, to the dreaded not selling…Building funnels can feel like a strain…one you’d sooner avoid in your business, right?
But, really can you afford to bury your head in the sand and go by without one?
My coaching and consultant clients tend to fall into one of two camps. They are either struggling with the feast and famine cycle or they are maxed out on 121 work.
The former is a disaster that induces regular anxiety over where the next break is coming from and the latter, whilst seemingly great actually really isn’t.
Yeh, we may tell ourselves it’s better to be busy than not, but let’s be real! Time is finite and we are capped by the number of hours we have available to us in any given day.
If all that time is filled with 121 client work, when do you get time for anything else?
Building ⭐️effective⭐️ funnels are the key to freeing up your time, and/or taking you out of the feast and famine cycle.
I get that it can be overwhelming. I mean, there are just so many steps and variables to get your head around. But actually, it’s the same as anything, if you follow a system you can’t go wrong.
Here’s the things to remember:
1. Every funnel needs a solid foundation. You have to get crystal clear clarity on who your ideal client is (yep marketing 101). Just having the basics puts you in exactly the same position as a million other businesses, but knowing them like they are a best friend of 30 years means you know them well enough to be able to market to them effectively (yep there’s that word again – effectively). You also need a goal and a plan.
2. You need to choose the right funnel. You can funnel hack until the cows come home but if you don’t choose the right funnel for your audience in the first instance, you’re doomed to fail. And one big hint, often less is more, especially when you’re just getting started. So, no you don’t need a 10 step funnel when 3 steps would be perfectly sufficient.
3. Tech, tech, tech ? – for many people it’s the nightmare that just keeps giving. But again, so many of my clients overcomplicate this. You have to choose the right platforms for you and where you’re at in your business, but once you’ve done this (and you stick to them instead of being a Magpie) the rest will fall into place. I promise!
4. There’s no escaping the fact that every funnel needs traffic ??. Whether it’s paid, organic or a mixture of the two, without traffic no one will ever see the fruits of your hard work. Again, you need to plan and have a strategy in place for driving traffic. This is where being visible is key!
5. Finally, remember that goal from point 1? How are you going to know when you’ve achieved it if you aren’t tracking your funnels success? Understanding where to find your metrics and how to analyse them is truly what will move the needle forward. If something isn’t working you will know to fix it, providing you are tracking your metrics. It’s a numbers game ?
When I first came across the concept of a funnel, I thought it was a scam. Now I build them for a living and love it, but it took me a long time to get my head around it all.
I’d love to go deeper with you on all of this! No gimmicks, no false promises, just legitimate, straight up knowledge sharing that will have you stop pulling your hair out in despair.
On 23 March 2020, I am running a free online workshop on how to successfully build a funnel. To join click the button below.